Thursday, October 30, 2008

  • Mrs. Gilberts Class Blog
  • Describe how each blog was used in concert with the classroom? Mrs. Gilbert’s blog showed assignments for the students and it showed pictures that went on in the classroom. Students could post comments on the assignments.
  • Who is the audience for the blog is (students, parents, etc)? It is for both students and parents. Students can come on and see assignments and interact with the teacher and the parents can stay in tune with the class and what the teacher is teaching in the classroom.
  • What was the purpose of the blog? Mrs. Gilberts blog is to bring together her class and parents. She lists everything that is happening and everything that is being taught in her class.
  • Does it appear that this blog is still being used, or was it a sort of "passing fancy" for its creator that is no longer in use? This blog was in use for a long time, actually over a year but now it seems as though the usage has stop.
  • What do you think about this tool? Does this tool (the blog) have potential in or even out of the classroom? Why or why not? At first I did not think blogging would help in the classroom, but after looking at how teachers are actually using them I can now see myself actually using them in my future classroom.
  • Mrs. Carlene Gauley Class Blog
  • Who is the audience for the blog is (students, parents, etc)? This is for both parents and students and to the rest of the world. The teacher welcomes everyone to her blog and is extremely excited about what her class has done.
  • What was the purpose of the blog? To show everyone what has being going on in her class. It shows detail to what the students have done through video and student entries.
  • Does it appear that this blog is still being used, or was it a sort of "passing fancy" for its creator that is no longer in use? Yes, this blog is currently being used and up to date on everything that is happening in the classroom. The teacher has even posted what took place today in the class.
  • What do you think about this tool? Does this tool (the blog) have potential in or even out of the classroom? Why or why not? Again yes, blogging has potential in and out of the classroom. Parents are able to play an active role in the students’ education and the students are becoming well technology integrated by adding posts and comments on the blog.

4 comments:

cwilli34 said...

I enjoyed how Mrs. Gilbert has a page for every student in her class. To me this technique gives the students a sense that their voice can be heard. I agree with you I didn't think blogging would help in the classroom, but after looking at how teachers are actually using them I can now see myself also using them in my future classroom.
Mrs. Carlene Gauley Class Blog I enjoyed but I think that her blog could have been organized a bit better. I enjoy watching videos of various activities that they participated in. I think that she should add teacher assignments since she has a section for it.

Gretta said...

I also agree with you!!! Personally, I do not think that blogging has to be used in the classroom. If it were used, it would be interesting to see how many students actually participated in the blogs, especially younger children. However, I did enjoy visiting the different blogs. These teachers really seem to enjoy the making blog pages for their students. Then again, technology is becoming more and more popular in the classroom, so maybe it is a good idea. I am just unsure whether or not I will use blogging in my classroom. Mainly because I don't know if I would actually have the time to set up a page. Then, I wouldn't want to set up a page and not keep the page active.

Jennbrown8 said...

I also looked at mrs Gauley's blog. i too thought it could be a little more organized. i liked the videos so i could actually see. i think tha it would be neat to add a section for teachers for her lessons or resources.

ADishman said...

I also looked at Mrs. Gilbert's blog. I felt that it was important that she left an area for her students to comment on the assignments. I think some teachers have the notion that their blog should be simply to inform parents; however, it seems to be much more authentic when the parents can see what the students have to say about what is happening in the classroom!